Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week Wrap Up

I have been posting all week about our vacation but this week definitely has not been uneventful.  So here is a wrap up of this past week.  On Monday I took Emily and Christopher to the pediatrician.  That day they were seen by Dr. Kutskill.  He basically said that they just had colds and thats it.  So we left the office with $80 less in the bank account.  As the days progressed Christopher started coughing worse and worse to the point were he only had time to breath.  Thursday morning he literally coughed for three hours straight.  We tried EVERYTHING from honey, to hot tea, Vicks Vapor rub on the chest and feet, Mucilex, etc.  Nothing worked that day to even slow his cough down.  So I called the pediatrician and made an appointment.  Again we were seen by Dr. Kutskill.  He was willing to swab Christopher for Pertussis and wanted to do a chest x-ray.  He also said he would give him a prescription cough syrup.  But he wanted us to WAIT to treat Emily.  Why did he want to wait so he could get more money out of us?  I demanded that he treat and test Emily too.  We were there, she had similar symptoms and I am due to have a baby in five weeks.  I told him considering the circumstances we need to treat her as well.  He was very rude and made us wait for a very, very long time.  I was soooo mad at him.  He definitely has added to my dislike of pediatricians and is on my short list of people to avoid.  So Emily and Christopher have both been tested for pertussis and Christopher has had a chest x-ray.  We probably will not find out any results until Monday or Tuesday next week.  So we wait.  In the mean time we are going to miss out on getting together with my family for Roch's 50th birthday and Christopher was supposed to go to the Great Wolf Lodge with his friend Jonah.  He was pretty disappointed.  They started antibiotics on Thursday so if they have pertussis they will not be contagious after Tuesday.  Which means he will probably miss basketball practice on Monday.  So we are staying home this weekend and getting some cleaning done.

On a lighter note we signed up for Door to Door Organics.  Some of my friends have been using them so we decided to give it a try.  It is organic fruits and vegetables that get delivered to your door.  We are trying to eat healthier which includes switching to organic.  It will be a slow process but we are working on it.  Our first delivery should be coming on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment