Sunday, October 17, 2010
Looking at Houses
There are quite a few things going on in our family right now such as being pregnant with our fourth child and preparing our home so we can put it up for sale and buy a bigger house. Well, we frequently look for houses that are up for sale on the internet. Yesterday I discovered a house that said it was 3000 sq ft and just under an acre of land. The house looked ok but not great. The reason we decided to drive out and look at it was the fact that it was a foreclosure and the asking price was $80,000. So just for the fun of it we drove out to see it. All I can say about the house is that it is a dump and really, really ugly. So we turned around to go back down the street and noticed a for sale sign a couple houses down. I was curious because we could not see the house from the road. So I suggested we drive up their driveway and take a peek. The owner happened to be outside and started waving at us to come look at the house. We almost left but on second thought decided to go look at it. The owners were soooo nice!!! And the property is SPECTACULAR! It has eight acres and most of it is wooded with a river running through it. I fell in love with it. You feel like you are out in the country. The house is not my dream house. It only has two bathrooms which are small and the kitchen is smaller than I would like. But it does have an extra room off the living room that can be used as a homeschool room that would be absolutely wonderful. The view from the living room windows is amazing looking at trees as far as you can see. There are three bedrooms on the main floor and three bedrooms in the walkout basement. We fell in love with this property, not so much the house but the property. It was a dream come true. Truly amazing. Because of the property we can overlook some of the things we don't like about the house. A few of the things we can change and improve on over time. But one other problem is the price. They are asking 330,000 which is above our budget. We are hoping they will not sell it for a few months and we can offer them less. We are praying and putting it in God's hands. If this house is meant to be ours we will get it. I am trying not to get my hopes up to high but I would so love to have this house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment