My house is a mess, I am 6 months pregnant, we have started school early this year and I am trying to declutter and reorganize to get ready to sell our house! This definitely is not how I normally like to start out a new school year. We are disorganized, unprepared and books are EVERYWHERE!
Since we have way too many books, I have to take everything off the book shelf that we are not currently using and put them in boxes. So hopefully I can get this cleaned up quickly. One thing I did do was make new cubicles for the kids and myself. So even though it looks like a huge mess there is some organization going on.
These are some of Christopher's new books that we are using. The General Science book from Apologia so far he loves. I have really liked the Apologia science books but in this one I came upon some anti-catholic information that I was not to happy about. Here is a small quote from the book:
"Sadly, some of the most ardent support for the geocentric system came from the Roman Catholic Church. As more and more scientific evidence came pouring in indicating severe flaws in the geocentric system, the church tried to resist any movement away from it ..... In the end, it took hundreds of years of scientific data (and a few people being thrown out of the Roman Catholic Church) before the church was convinced to give up on the geocentric system. Unfortunately, by that time, the damage had been done."
Here are a few of Emily's books. She is doing Saxon for the first time and it is going well. Christopher and Emily are both doing the Student Writing Intensive with Andrew Pudewa. They are enjoying the lessons he gives on DVD. One less thing I have to teach, yeah!!!
I also have some fun activities for Amber to do this year. She loves having her own school work to do. I also purchased the Little Saints Preschool Program which I plan to start next week. As long as I can pull everything together and get a little more organized.




I LOVE your bookshelf. Oh, how I wish I could find something like that for my house. :)
ReplyDeleteGotta love Ikea! I would love to have two of these. It is over flowing.
ReplyDelete