Today is Columbus Day so we did some fun activities. First we read a story about Christopher Columbus. I had found this really nice pop up book about his journey to America. Yes, it is a pop up book and no it is not for small children. It actually gives a lot of information but in a very fun way. The book is titled, "The Voyage of Columbus In His Own Words" Auther Stacie Strong. I also found some other information online about him that I did not know. That he was a very devout Catholic and one of his main reasons for the journey was to evangelize. Also that he prayed every day with his crew. That is something that you would never learn in school!
Next they had to draw a map of the world identifying all the continents and the equator. Then they put in the route that Christopher Columbus traveled in 1492.




No comments:
Post a Comment